McDonogh’s 哲学 on Diversity, 股本, and 包容
McDonogh School is a tapestry of diversity in all of its forms—race and ethnicity, 宗教, 性别认同, 性取向, 以及社会经济地位, 举几个例子. This diversity enriches our perspectives and makes us stronger, but it is just the starting point.
我们的校董会, 政府, 教师, and staff are committed to continuing to diversify our community while simultaneously sustaining and enhancing an 包容 environment where each member of the McDonogh family is heard and valued. We accomplish this by supporting a sense of belonging through a culture of dignity and respect.
We are dedicated to being a school where students are affirmed for who they are—where they learn the importance of having empathy for those who are different and seek ways to better understand themselves and the world around them. 我们通过LifeReady来做这件事, 我们的学术理念, which enacts the kind of critical thinking and collaboration students 将 need to work and thrive across lines of difference throughout their lives.
作为终身学习的支持者, we embrace the idea that true commitment to 股本 and inclusion is a continuous journey of action, 反射, 和再犯. It requires humility, perseverance, and truth-telling. McDonogh is ever ready for this journey.
Pledge to Excellence in Diversity, 股本, and 包容
McDonogh is dedicated to being a truly diverse and 包容 community.
- 我们保证 to continuously engage in reflective practices to ensure that our community remains 公平的 and 包容 for all.
- 我们保证 to create a learning environment that is affirming for all of our students. Likewise, we pledge to create a work environment that is affirming for all of our 教师 and staff.
- 我们保证, through our LifeReady academic philosophy, to equip our students with the knowledge, 将, and skill to be agents of positive change and civic engagement.
- 我们保证 to ensure that our 教师 and staff continue to grow and develop their ability to create 公平的, 包容, and transformative learning environments through school-based professional development and other professional learning opportunities.
- 我们保证 to build a community where the equal worth and inherent dignity of each person is honored and everyone truly belongs.